Tuesday 30 July 2013

Mulching and more Mulching

We now have all our plants in and on Friday we decided to get some mulch, not just some though it was a massive 6m3. So we started the job on Saturday and seeing that I was working at 6 I did as much as I could possibly do. Scott went on to do some more too. But time did get away from us. I have just had 2 days off while Scott has been working  (lucky for some) and I  have managed to move about 2/3 of the 6m3 onto the beds, meanwhile using a plastic wheel barrow thing that holds only 48L and a bucket, so imagine how backbreaking it was for me to try and move 6000lt of it. There is still plenty left so I will slowly add a little here and there. But all in all I am happy with how it looks I am just not happy about the amount that still  needs moving..... my back and shoulders as so so sore. I think I might have a Radox bath tonight.  So have a look at the pics and see what comes of 2 days of back breaking work and 6m3 of mulch.


We have put some Port wine Magnolias for a hedging on both boundaries.

Little pretty flowers for the letterbox with an Aggi either side.

 A few different types of Grevillea

Blue and white Agapanthus with grass plants in between.
pitty when we planted them we forgot to alternate the colours.

Our garden from th front door.

Garden bed 1.6 wide by 11.3 long... alot of mulch.
Lilly Pillies ( resistant) 9 in total.. and some Calistemons (bottlebrush)

Our first tree (2010) Norfolk sitting nicely in the corner.

Garden bed 1.6m wide by 16.5m long...
again alot of much. Lillies and Grevilleas

The bee on the fence in a birds nest for our future resident
birdies along with a little bird bath

Our Herbs thriving once again.

The 48Lt tub.

This bucket doesn't hold that much mulch.

Whats left of the mulch. I could not see the tree when we first got the mulch.

No comments:

Post a Comment